Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween!


We had our 2nd annual Halloween party last night. My husbands favorite holiday is Halloween so we have decided as a family to try to have a dinner party with costumes and games every year. We have a lot of fun with this and last night we had a good time and the food was great. I forgot to get a picture of the table but everything we ate was either green or black, including the chicken. I guess that doesn't include the dessert and treats though. Here are some pictures of the decorations.



Our home was really decked out this year and we had fun decorating it. I love all of the great decorations they sell now that don't include cheezy. It's fun to collect a few new things every year so that when we are finally able to get a house we can have a lot to decorate with.



I painted a few black silhouettes to put over most of our family pictures and art. Everything was black, white and orange. Of course I left my super large drawings plain, they matched anyway.



Here we all are as an Away Team. Dr. McCoy picked out the costumes this year. If you haven't guessed Bubie is Captain Kirk, and I got to be expendable. I kept saying that I should have bought a black seventies wig, then I could have been Lt. Uhura.



I guess we all know who is boss around here.



There he is with his trick or treating bag. We took him downtown and then to a trunk-or-treat. I didn't think he would get that into it, but he loved it. We concluded that our costumes were not that hard core but they were really fun because everyone commented on them, and they were comfortable for all of us. It was really low fuss, plus we only had to buy mine because the two men already had theirs. Now I'm off to put away all of these decorations and get my home back to normal!

3 comments:

Marci said...

Looks like you guys had a super fun Halloween! You have a little cutie there!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

hahah LOVED your costumes! Makes me think of my Dad :)

Little Barney Family said...

Hey Andrea, we have you and Josh for Christmas.. I was wondering if there was anything in particular that you may want? If you think of anything let us know!