Friday, January 29, 2016

A Late Summer Afternoon

I have often found myself stricken by the changing light of the sun. There have been many times where I have been so moved by the colors of the late afternoon and the way the reds, oranges, and golds filled the air highlighting everything in sight. When I was in college as I lived in my upstairs apartment that I would become mesmerized by the sunlight streaming in the windows and how beautiful it was as it highlighted parts of the rooms. At certain times it would shine in the windows scattering the most beautiful light into the kitchen and I would sit in my little attic bedroom and look at it. I remember thinking back then that that was one of the purposes of this life, to see the beauty of the light around us. 


These pictures are of the late summer sun, I forget the specific day but it might have been a Sunday afternoon. I noticed the light, and my sweet children, and ran to grab my camera.


Such a wonderful life...


making sweet memories of childhood. Warm. Love, Home.


And of course the sillies.


You can see how fast that fleeting moment faded as by the time I took this last picture the light was already changing around us. 

No comments: