Friday, February 12, 2016

A Project for the Kids

I decided to go shopping wit some of my Christmas money. I found this super cute string of lights with all of these burlap hearts on sale because it was a discounted Christmas item. I was really excited about it because I wanted to hang it in my kids room because they needed some sort of new lamp.


Well, when I got it home I tore it out of the package with all of my excitement. I quickly discovered that it was not a plug in strand but a battery powered one. I was super annoyed. What did I do? I decided to remove all the cute burlap hearts and put them on a different strand that would plug in. I found some on clearance but the smallest they came in is 50 lights. I only had 10 burlap hearts. Then I decided that I would just make origami boxes to go on the strand to fill it in around the burlap hearts


I spent/wasted a whole day trying to master the folds. I finally found a box that would work and that was simple enough for me as I am not an expert. 


I proceeded to fold 40 boxes. 


And spent/wasted another whole day...


I made a couple flowers too just for the heck of it. 


After what felt like a very long time, I finally had all the boxes folded and the burlap hearts put on the new strand of lights. I hung them up in the kids room. Isn't that just the way it goes? You think you have a fun quick fix, and 3 days later its finally working. 


After all that work I am not so sure how I feel about it. I am not sure if it matches the style of their room but for now I am going to go with it. I am going to try to like it because it gave me sore fingers. At least it looks fun. 

No comments: