Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Season of Light


November brings lantern walks, star cookies, fires in the hearth, warm wool, craft projects, candles, Christmas wish lists, warm coats and hats. short days, long nights, hot cocoa, and snuggles. It is a cozy, exciting time. I love gearing up for the coming holiday season. The older I get the more I enjoy this wonderful cozy month.


I drew this picture on my chalk wall. I was so thrilled with it as it turned out so well. I didn't want to erase it so it stayed up all month.




Our nature table was full of festivities. I made the little lantern peg dolls to get the kids thinking about our family lantern walk. It was a fun project.


Someone is not happy that he had to wait until after the lantern walk to eat his cookies.


I bought some star shaped cookie cutters way back in high school to support my sister in a fund raiser. I still have them and they get used all the time. We really used them this year...


for cookies that taste so yummy, and handmade beeswax candles too. 



No comments: