Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Snowflakes

As the snow was melting outside we were hoping for more. We decided to celebrate Winter by cutting out snowflakes.






We have done this before but this year my kids were interested and able to help. One thing we did discover, is that kid scissors are not fun. My kids get really frustrated and really struggle when cutting and I think the kid scissors are the culprit. They are dull and hard to maneuver. As soon as I let my boy use my scissors he was a cutting machine. He was so happy to be able to create awesome snowflakes. 





I would draw the patterns on for him and then color them in so he didn't get confused on which lines to cut. That method seemed to work pretty well.





We made a huge pile together. They look so pretty in our windows. 

No comments: