Thursday, September 23, 2010

Creme Fraiche

I guess I cant deny it, Ive got a sweet tooth. Most days I am daydreaming of the next baked good I am going to make. I cant tell you how many times I have imagined the perfect cookies in my cookie jar. The sad thing is that when it comes down to it I really don't like making cookies, I don't like all of the batches. I usually start out imagining cookies but end up with a cake.


This was what I made yesterday. I got going with some white bread and then just kept my apron on and made a cake. I tried some thing new and it was heavenly, yellow cake with creme fraiche frosting. I loved how pretty it was, but the taste was good too.

The frosting was really easy and it added a new flavor, mostly a soft whipped creme but with a little zing.

Creme Fraiche Frosting:
1 C Organic Whipping Creme
8 Oz Organic Sour Creme
3/4 C Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

Whip all together until it makes soft peaks, makes enough to do the sides and top of a two layer cake ( I like it quite thick, I only made 1 layer of cake and it was just enough).

And of course I couldn't resist sharing just a little of the yummy goodness with my little bubbie.

1 comment:

Post said...

Yeah I can talk to you. Your cake looks wonderful.