Saturday, December 11, 2010

We Wish You a Merry Christmas


We are getting ready for Christmas around here. In response to some very important requests I am attempting to show you our tree and other festivities in our home this year. I have been sewing up a storm and Bubbie has been helping in every way possible. Mostly he tries to re-arrange the ornaments on the tree to his liking. He has also helped eat a couple of cookies and tried to open some packages a little early.



A couple of years ago I made stockings for us. Bubbie wasn't born yet but we were expecting. I found some very particular fabric and sewed up two lovely stockings. It wasn't until the following Christmas that I realized that I should have done three. This year I made our little guy his stocking. Since I like things coordinated I made a few extra that match just in case. I hand stitched his initial.


Our apartment is so crammed and I have a hard time decorating since I don't like clutter and we have no table space to set stuff out. I started to use the top of our book shelves as a seasonal display area. The displays have to share with my antique dish collection. I think of it as my fake mantle.

I haven't been blogging as much as I thought I would because on top of taking care of Bubbie and making our gifts this year, I have been playing catch up on a few things that I have been meaning to make for us. One of those things was a tree skirt. I am so picky and one of the things I hate is how expensive Christmas decorations are especially nice tree skirts. For the amount of time it is displayed I don't think it is worth it to pay 30 or more dollars for one. I finally got one done for us and since we decorate the weekend after thanksgiving, I was working on it for most of November. I hand drew the nativity and cut them out. I am all about the applique.

Now all we need to do is get wrapping!

1 comment:

Marci said...

I love the tree skirt Andrea! It is awesome! I may have to put in an order for one someday if I get another tree!