Tuesday, May 7, 2013

wood chip whoops

 So this is how I loose my baby weight. I order 4 yards of compost and have it dumped in my driveway to spread around my garden. This is one of my favorite spring activities. This is a picture of my giant pile after a couple of days of work (by days I mean nap times). My little kids just love the "mountain" and they get the trucks out, or their climbing shoes and are all over it. I guess I love that part too. Nothing makes me feel like a better mama than when we come inside after a long day of work outside sweaty and covered in dirt. It feels nice to know they played hard and I worked hard.


 Here is my ever expanding garden filled with fresh compost and ready to be planted.
If you look to the left you can see the more brown garden beds that are our newest addition. You can also see our chicken coop... we are skipping the chickens this year because I need some sanity.



I love the way the compost looks so fresh and rich in my flower beds.


So last year I got two yards of compost and this year I got four. While I waited for my delivery date I thought the pile was going to be huge. When it came I was shocked with how small it looked. I have decided I could have used six yards in my yard. That sounds crazy right? Well I also contacted a tree service company and arranged to have a truck full of bark mulch dropped off. They wanted 10 dollars for the whole truck. After my compost I thought it would be a little much but we could use up most of it. Well they brought it and WHOOPS! It is waaayyy toooo much. I'm not sure what I am going to do, except never do that again. They made me take the whole truck.

I guess if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.


Anyone need bark mulch?


                P.S. Good news! I also checked my memory card and all of the pictures are still there my camera just doesn't want to show them. I suppose all that nervousness about blogging was for nothing.


No comments: